Incoming - 2011 Bacchus BLP-CTM near mint condition

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitar hiro

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
I own a 2011 BLP-STD FM Relic just 60 serial number digits earlier than this BLP-CTM.
This BLP-CTM is in near mint condition. :D

Currently has after market pickups but it comes with the original pickups

Near mint, all hog with Ebony board and a Bigsby :D

# 1 BLC 1.jpg

# 1 BLC 3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one! I had one of these a couple of years ago but sold it in Japan. I think I changed out the knobs to ones like those. Maybe it is the same one?

Hi Harold; nice to hear from you, stranger! LOL

I went through your flicker photos and I saw no Classic Series era Bacchus BLP-CTM that could be this one.
I know you (used to) keep very good photographic records.

This near mint (2011) BLP-CTM is serial # H00891 so, maybe you have a record of that guitar?
No biggie if you don't ........ it's just a big hunk of random lumber. LOL ...........

Last edited:
2011 Bacchus Classic Series BLP-CTM arrived today :)

I was expecting the guitar to be in pretty good condition but I must say I am utterly blown away by the immaculate condition of this guitar. It looks like someone threw this thing in a case and hid it away for nearly 12 years.
Nearly undetectable fret wear and what really blows me away is the hardware has literally no tarnish whatsoever.
After a few decades of buying MIJs I don't recall ever having a MIJ in my hands that was basically free of any hardware tarnish. The tuner buttons are even tarnish free.
I have seen 'new' guitars in retail music stores that were not as clean as this girl.
Crazy; crazy clean.

It is always great finding a true gem. (y)

don't know if this one is a gem or not but time will tell

this heavy weight girl comes in at 10 lb. - 2.8 oz. :eek:
A typical B7 Bigsby weighs ~12.5 oz. so minus that weight and this girl is still a hefty ~ 9 lb. - 6 oz. with just the ABR-1 type bridge.
I'm thinking possibly a wrap tail might do the trick, or possibly a stop tail with the ABR-1 combination but either of those options would still be some moderate modification.

Will be performing some serious evaluations for a while to see what the potentials are here .......

I see, that is a hefty one. lol Hope you can mod it and keep it clean as it is now. Either way, it's a beauty. :cool:

honestly don't believe I have ever had a guitar this heavy; it's a true boat anchor but it would probably float. :LOL:
I play this heavy girl sitting only. I think it would be a good choice for recording/studio use.

I'm a huge fan of lighter weight Les Paul style guitars; one of my favorite carved top LPs is in the 8 lb. 4 oz. ball park and it is amazing. One of my LP Specials is under 7 lb. and it screams. :D

This Bacchus is very interesting because of a few factors. It certainly has some visual appeal with the gold hardware bling, the cherry red finish on that killer hog grain and the jet black Ebony 'board.
I'm very impressed with the Mojo Tone pickups and also the combination of the humbucker in the bridge position and the P-90 at the neck location. I believe both pickups have Alnico 4 mags. The sonic combinations with this pickup set are really interesting and I'm just getting started. Lots of fun ahead .......

I'm a sit down guy mainly so I don't mind heavy ones. My first pre-serial bacchus lp was heavy as hell I never weighed it unfortunately but I should have.
One of these cherry red customs was up for sale a few times. You have probably seen it. It had a well done neck repair with 2 splines. I almost bought it because I love the distinct look of the guitar. P90 in the neck and humbucker bridge is one of my favorite combos. I'm not surprised you are liking it. :cool:

This guitar has some interesting construction as the body back and the top are both 2 piece/center seam and both are book matched to boot.
You can even see the little bit of the top in the cutaway at the binding, just like a maple top LP.
Construction, attention to detail and materials are typical of Bacchus hand made guitars. :cool:

BLP-CTM CR hog top.jpg

Back