Images of my guitar collection!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the date info.. Yes it is a particulary attractive guitar - lot's of "oohs" and "aahs" from people when the case is opened!

Oh right, so that's my old 95G then! That's three (four?) pairs of Tokaiforum hands it's gone through now, good to keep it in the family I guess. :)

So, how did you go about purchasing from Yahoo Japan? Do you have a contact over there or something?

Not that I can afford any guitars now. If you think the pound is bad, then you should try the New Zealand peso, er I mean dollar.

I purchased guitars from the Yahoo Japan auction site via this company: http://www.japanauctioncenter.com/

It's very easy to open an account and register with them. You simply place the funds in your account via Paypal which happens virtually immediately and then you can bid in real time up to the amount that you have deposited in your account. It's basically the same as bidding on eBay. If someone bids more than you then your money is automatically transfered back into your account. If you want to bid a higher amount then just add more funds into your account via Paypal. The thing I like about the Yahoo auctions site, that I feel eBay could implement, is that you can't be outbid with seconds to go! If someone places a higher bid than you with seconds remaining then the auction is extended for another 5 minutes! It's a great idea.

The company work on an 8% commission basis of the final value of the winning bid. It's all explained in English on their website.

It's usually best to install some Japanese translation software on your computer though or you can copy and paste the auction description text into some translation software like Babelfish. Mind you, sometimes it's easier trying to make sense of the Japanese characters than the actual English translation!!! It's a good giggle sometimes.

As I mentioned a little earlier in this thread, there's some good bargains to be had on there at the moment, things seem to be selling for less on there at present. Go to the Aria electric section, some of their ProII Les Paul copies from the '70's and '80's sell for buttons and they're great guitars! The only problem is that the Japanese Yen is very strong at the moment, sterling has lost about 45% of it's value compared to it in the last 12 months.

If you get a chance have a look on there anyway and you will be like a kid in a candy store when you see all the MIJ guitars on there.

I think you can navigate to it from the website address I supplied above, go to something like: culture or hobbies, music etc. You'll get there in the end.

Have fun!

Thanks for the info!

I love auctions.yahoo.co.jp for guitar p0rn, but never found a cost-effective way of bidding on them. 8% commision sounds reasonable to me, might give them a go at some point as I'm on the hunt for a cheap LP copy.

Back