I need help! Greco Custom or Super Power?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portage_60

Reaction score
i need some help im trying to buy a back up guitar instead of taking my 79 Les Paul Pro Deluxe (since some drunk guy decided to grab it and try to play Sweet Home Alabama between our sets). Anyway im trying to decide whether to buy a Greco Super Power or a Greco "Custom" Flametop that a friend of mine has. but im convinced this is a custom since there is no binding on the headstock or has a diamond on the headstock either. Im new at this stuff. the super power has buckle rash and dings here and there. The "Custom" has a piece missing form the headstock at the right tip and has some finish missing from being dragged on concrete by accident (drunken accident) I can get the Super Power for around $400 and the "Custom" for $250 Im trying to figure out which one is a better deal. can anyone help?

portage_60 said:
i need some help im trying to buy a back up guitar instead of taking my 79 Les Paul Pro Deluxe (since some drunk guy decided to grab it and try to play Sweet Home Alabama between our sets).

Hope you gave him what he deserved... :evil:

:lol:

saw this 2 years ago when a band left the stage and a couple of drunken morons went there to sing happy birthday for her buddy,fortunately without touching the instruments.Horrible if it happens to your favorite guitar...

Hey...

Are you aware that the Super Power will probably be partially hollow as it has cavities? Many players describe the sound as more like an ES335 or "woodier" sounding. There are plenty of Grecos on Ebay from reputable sellers that are around this price too. Some of the Late 70's ones are quite acceptable.

Dave

EG500 or EG600 Super Power don't have cavities, EG450 & EG480 do. Check for a sticker with model nr. And if they don't have one, take a look at the pu cavities to check for cavities.

Back