I just bought my oldest piece of gear! *INFO needed*

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I've only had a 12-string Yamaha acoustic. I really love how it sounds and have had it modified a little by Landola Guitars here in Finland. Sounds really really good now...

Still, I've always wanted a classic looking 6 string. What comes to mind is of course the old Martins and Gibsons, D-28, D-45, J-45, Hummingbird etc.

But of course, those fetch alot of bucks these days... alot more than I could put in a guitar right now.

I started looking around for older Japanese made copies and found a "Pro Martin" D-28 replica for a couple of bills. So I made up a deal with the seller and it'll be on its way here really soon.

So now that I have a Pro Martin Custom W200 coming my way. I've searched the net for any info on these but if out luck... according to the seller it was made in the late 80's. I've only found scans of Pro Martin catalogs from the 70's and the very few Pro Martins that I've seen up for sale has also been from the late 70's. So now I ain't sure anymore whether it's a late 70's or late 80's guitar.

Anyway, anything about these Martin replicas that goes under the brand "Pro Martin" would be valuable info for me so please let me know if you know anything or happen to own one. :) Thanks!

01Pro.jpg
02Pro.jpg
03Pro.jpg
04Pro.jpg

Here are some pics of it that the seller took, if they help.

Back