Help me identify my Tokai? (pics. Steel yourself)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitar Hero

Reaction score
Hihi!

first: if you are a lover of lovely, shiny, hand-buffed guitars take a deep breath before you look at the pics :D
This guitar has been travelling the globe with me for just shy of 20 years now. It has taken a battering all over the body. It has no tone pot, volume pot or pickup selector switch. 2 of the pickups are absent. 1 of the fine tuning dials has gone. So.

- - - - - - - - -

Pictures

I recently resurrected my Tokai custom edition that has been sat broken (input jack) for a couple of years.
It really, really, really needs some TLC and the odd part here and there :p

I cant identify it though - dont know where to start.

* I bought it around 1990 for ?150.

* It has an "Ayers Rocker V" Floyd Rose on it.

* it is finished in cream with "pearl finish" so it shines green/red in the cream dependant on the light.

* It has an L.White microphonic pickup (missed out in pics sorry). This pickup was so good that I took all the others out (they were generic - previous owner had, i assume, removed the other L.Whites).

Its probably worth less than I paid for it in its current condition heh. It would be nice to know what I own though as I have yet to find a guitar that plays and feels like this one.[/img]

well it's a Tokai Custom edition obviously

i reckon 1986 .....

a good example went on e bay about a month ago for ?250

that's about all i can tell you

i'd recommend axesrus if your in the uk for spare parts

what kind of music do you play?

Back