Greco Les Paul Custom/Yamaha SA 700

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellangus

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been looking for a Les Paul Custom but don't have Gibson Money!

In a local shop, a Greco LPC in black has reared it's head.

I'm told by the owner that it's a 1988 model, it has the diamond inlay on the headstock (not the flowerpot). At the moment I don't know much more than that.

I'me led to believe that the Greco's are fine guitars (I had a OBG SG some years ago which was fantastic).

I have a Yamaha SA 700 in red (a beauty) I'm currently doing a lot of soul searching as to whether I should swap this for the Greco.

Please help - any advice and info on the Greco would be very helpful!!

Thanks all in advance.

I have a Greco Mint Collection made around that time. One of the nicest guitars I have ever owned.

They go for around ?450-?550 in good nick?

Bob

I have an '89 Greco Custom (Black), it's really a nice guitar, the only thing i can fault is the way the gold on the hardware has tarnished, way different than my '84 Greco Custom Blueburst. Not much of a complaint lol. I am a big fan of old Yamaha's however, they really made some outstanding guitars, especially back in the 70's and 80's, hell they still do !! Tough choice i'd say.... do you have another 335 style guitar at all ??

Thanks for posting here information? I have searched from this site.. It is amazing..

Latest posts

Back