Enthusiasm

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozeshin

Reaction score
Hey all...
My band's been gigging steadily for the past 12 months.
We have a residency at a pub(once a month)and a couple more lined up for the new year.
For the past 3 gigs we've drawn a pretty decent crowd...a few hundred people.
That's despite having to contend with other local attractions(local speedway...B&S balls etc).
Last night.however,we would have been lucky to have drawn 100 ppl...this is despite advertisement and word of mouth.
So with a paltry crowd you'd think that enthusiasm would have been in short supply yes?
well...no..
See..part of that crowd was a rival band...whom i had never met let alone HEARD of before...but as soon as they sat at their table you could spot them as muso's.
Now my poor old bass player saw them and promptly shat himself...lol....some people are like that I guess.
For MY part I saw them watching...having the occasional giggle amongst themselves and generally sitting there with arms folded and a "SHOW ME WHAT U GOT" attitude.
Soooooo.....
The songs that I have the spotlight on me are:SMOKE ON THE WATER/ROCKY MOUNTAIN WAY/KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF..
I sing and play in these songs.
Now...on a good night...when i've had plenty of sleep the night before I have a 3 octave range...lack of sleep tends to cut that back to 2 and a half lol.
Keep your hands was first...for those that don't know it's a song by Geaorgia Satellites.
Went well...a little rushed but about on par.
Rocky Mountain way was next....I whack the old nasally twang on the vocals and it sounds like Joe Walsh...it's my big solo spot of the night and I usally let rip.
Again...it went well....
Smoke was next....we nailed it(yeah...I know...not hard to do) well by the end of that the rival band's drummer came to the front of the stage giving a both thumbs up sign and making bowing gestures...lol.
THAT alone made up for the lack of crowd for me.
What I'm trying to get at is if you're in a gigging band and the crowds are making it seem not worthwhile....find something to inspire you about that particular gig...there'll always be SOMETHING I guarantee it.

HAH...JEALOUS..!!!! :p
This other band were from brisvegas way...Purple something or other....ring a bell mick?

Back