Buying an ST80 from Yahoo Japan through Rinkya

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi!

Just thought this might be interesting for European residents.

I bid on a '80 ST80 (2-piece, SB, V-neck, all original, E-stamped) on Yahoo Japan through Rinkya. I won at $ 719.--.

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e67102750

Other cost:

- $ 15.-- commission from Rinkya to Yahoo
- $ 40.-- Rinkya handling charge
- $ 90.-- EMS shipment
- $ 143.-- austrian VAT
- $ 10.-- customs handling charge

So the landed cost was $ 1017.--, or a 41% markup on the winning price.
The majority of course is shipment and VAT, not Rinkya.

Altough, great guitar. Worth every penny. Don't get confused with the pics. She is just dirty, wasn't cleaned for 25 years I'd say. I'll post pics after I treated her a bit. 8)

Does anybody in here have experience with other japanese bidding services?

Cheers! Rupert

Hi Rupert,

Will you give me Rinkyas contact details, please.
there are a few items i would like to get from Yahoo Japan

regards
Peter Mac

For you cats in the states, I've used DaikoUSA when getting stuff on yahoo japan....been real happy with them. They charge like $15 or a flat percentage depending on the price of the item.

whitehall said:
Yes, I've bought 8 guitars from MOJ this year... but would rather not discuss it just yet.

You're right ... it's boring in the meantime ... :roll: :roll:

BTW - a plus of 41% ain't bother you, Rupert, but me !!!! You have no chance to contact the seller ... this is like buying 'sight unseen' ... if I would have as much funds as you seem to have ... I also would never mind to buy a turkey ... 8)

Roger

Hi Roger!

No risk, no fun.

It's about the ratio between both. Til now I did not get burned, but expect it to happen at some point.

At the end of the day it's a simple business risk assessment.

Cheers!
Rupert
:D

Forgot to say:

I am not a dealer, I am collector. I might sell one or two in 5-25 years, or whenever the market looks right. Or when I don't like the feel of them any more.

As you have probably spotted I sold a Talbo on ebay last week. I lost ? 150.-- on the sell, but she just did not fit.

I run my software business from Q to Q, but I do not buy Tokais to sell.

Did you ever buy shares in IBM/EMC/HP/SUN/.....? Doesn't a Tokai feel (and touch, and sound) much better?

Rupert
:p

Current Tokai count is 58. And growing.

Latest posts

Back