• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Blackheart BH5 modded by RAT

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max The Dog

Reaction score
Anybody interested in this anp ?150?
RAT HOTROD BLACKHEART COMBO 5 WATT VALVE AMPLIFIER AMP
POWER SCALE-PS1+PS2-MASTER VOLUME-STANDBY- 12" SPEAKER Item number: 350178076286

RATAMP001.jpg

RATAMP002.jpg

RATAMP005.jpg

This is the Hot-Rod List of What you will get for your money.
1. - A Brand New 'RAT' Hot Rod 'Blackheart' BH5/112 Combo Amplifier.
2. - 'Power Scaling' - This is the Business, Nothing else can touch it.
3. - New Power Scale 'PS-1' and 'PS-2' Settings.
4. - New Top and Lower Panel Layout.
5. - The 'BUZZ' - Although the Amp already has DC Valve Heaters, they need a bit of Attention. Not a Problem - the Heater 'BUZZ' is Gone.
6. - The 'HUM' - This is a Bit more Serious and Requires a lot of work in order to Remove the Unacceptable Level (In my View) of HUM. I had to Remove all of the Rotary Controls from the PCB and 'Hand Wire' them back into the Amp. While I was doing this I Reconfigured the Tone Stack to Replicate a Fender Twin Reverb - Sorted - No More 'HUM'.
7. - 'Master Volume' Control - Allows - Preamp Overdrive - Power Amp Overdrive - Or Both.
8. - 'Standby' Switch - Located on the Lower Panel next to the 'Mains On/Off' Switch.
9. - 2 x Speaker Outputs and Impedance Select Switch.
10. - The Standard Jack Sockets and Switches are 'Suspect' Quality, So I have replaced them with High Quality Items. All Front and Rear Panel Controls and Sockets are Now 'Hand Wired'.
11. - I have Changed the EL84 Cathode Bias Components - Smoothes out the Distortion (Less Harsh) and makes the Amp 'Sing'.
12. - I Have Checked the Anode Dissipation on the EL84 Valve - It is within Defined Limits - if a NOS Valve is Fitted, it Should be Safe.
13. - Full User Manual Detailing all of the New Amplifier Modifications.
14. - There are Several 'Other' Modifications that I do to All of my Amps that are Exclusive to me and both Enhance Performance and Help to Keep the Noise Levels Way Down
Cheers
Pete.

Hi Makaze
I dont know too much about the workings of amps but if you enter this number into Ebay you will find the whole spec. hope this helps.
Pete.

Latest posts

Back