'83 Seafoam Green Goldstar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting ..............

many years ago I owned a similar 1983 Goldstar Sound with the Seafoam blah blah blah finish color but with a rosewood board; pictured far left on the rug ....... long ago SOLD and long ago blah blah blah .......

photo from May, 2006 :)
#collection.jpg

Last edited:
If you check the color code in the pickup compartment you will probably see the letters SO. That means it is a Sonic Blue guitar that yellowed over time. Let us know if you get a chance to look.

If you check the color code in the pickup compartment you will probably see the letters SO. That means it is a Sonic Blue guitar that yellowed over time. Let us know if you get a chance to look.
Looks like it is a Sonic Blue but I've never seen a Fender SB ever go that colour over time

It’s not a Fender. Lol.

I assume the poly they used absorbs some types of particles. I think the culprit is cigarette tar, but that is hard to prove unless the guitar smells like cigarettes up close.

Same thing happens to oil paintings that are around smokers. And there are ways to clean them. Not sure about guitars.

Beautiful no matter what and has character. Congratulations.

Yep. But I have seen it where it looks like accumulated residue. In other words, a reaction to something settling on it.

See the link to the placid blue springy.

It even appears that it got under and in the waterslide decal on the headstock.

And it is only some guitars and not all over a period of years. That is why I think it is environmental.

Heavily Discolored Lake Placid Blue ST55 Springy

75a2b841bf61d914694275dd550e995e.jpg
6b8eaf0d8a49ef74055d67da47e881bf.jpg
38ce6bc51169a7783a904663628dbe7c.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back