• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

$750: '80s MIJ Greco EG59-70 - KILLER Fuji-Gen Lester

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drasp

Reaction score
Really sweet example of what everyone loves about MIJ Lesters - a late '80s Greco EG59-70. No fret edge binding, multi-piece back, and a set of parts-drawer Duncan Designed 'buckers all add up to the most smokin' Les Paul I can imagine south of $1k. What you DO get is a gorgeous flamed top, really nice play wear/patina, a comfy '59 neck carve, 9.5lb weight and a guitar that just SINGS. I got the guitar in a trade & had to do some work to get it back in fighting shape. The original ABR-1 was missing a few saddles & had started to collapse, the output jack plate was broken, and the thing was just kinda scuzzy. I literally laughed at how killer this thing sounds the first time I plugged it in. I'm a bit of a cork-sniffer when it comes to pickups, and wouldn't normally dream of using something this inexpensive (and I assume the next owner will want to fit something nicer!) but these really DO rock!!! Hats off to old Seymour's "designs". . . comes in original vinyl MIJ gig bag.

BIG DROP: $750 SHIPPED

greco_eg59-70-a.JPG

greco_eg59-70-b.JPG

greco_eg59-70-c.JPG

greco_eg59-70-d.JPG

greco_eg59-70-e.JPG

greco_eg59-70-f.JPG

greco_eg59-70-g.JPG

greco_eg59-70-h.JPG

drasp said:
Really sweet example of what everyone loves about MIJ Lesters - a late '80s Greco EG59-70. No fret edge binding, multi-piece back, and a set of parts-drawer Duncan Designed 'buckers all add up to the most smokin' Les Paul I can imagine south of $1k. What you DO get is a gorgeous flamed top, really nice play wear/patina, a comfy '59 neck carve, 9.5lb weight and a guitar that just SINGS. I got the guitar in a trade & had to do some work to get it back in fighting shape. The original ABR-1 was missing a few saddles & had started to collapse, the output jack plate was broken, and the thing was just kinda scuzzy. I literally laughed at how killer this thing sounds the first time I plugged it in. I'm a bit of a cork-sniffer when it comes to pickups, and wouldn't normally dream of using something this inexpensive (and I assume the next owner will want to fit something nicer!) but these really DO rock!!! Hats off to old Seymour's "designs". . . comes in original vinyl MIJ gig bag.

BIG DROP: $725 SHIPPED

greco_eg59-70-a.JPG

greco_eg59-70-b.JPG

greco_eg59-70-c.JPG

greco_eg59-70-d.JPG

greco_eg59-70-e.JPG

greco_eg59-70-f.JPG

greco_eg59-70-g.JPG

greco_eg59-70-h.JPG

Latest posts

Back