• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

18w Marshall (powerscaled) + 1x12" cab (25w Greenback)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mono

Reaction score
For sale is a fantastic Marshall 1974x clone which I built, and it's perfect partner,
a new(ish) 25W Greenback driver in a well made 1x12" enclosure.

This is the TMB version, with a hi and a lo input on both a Normal and a TMB channel
which can be cascaded into one another for a greater variety of tones.

I have documented a build diary on a different forum for anyone who is interested:
(http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/squawk-box/90448-monos-18w-tmb-build-thread.html).

The 1x12" came from eBay and it has worked really well with the amp.
Only premium parts were used (Sozo and F&T caps, carbon film resistors,
Cliff jacks, Alpha pots, Marshall knobs, PT and OT from Valvepower UK,
JJ and EHX tubes throughout).

The power-scaling circuit is fantastic as it lets you get the rich harmonic overtones
and feedback at manageable volume levels and as such, this combination is perfect
for people who want early "plexi" tone without having to tame a monster 50w
half-stack in their bedroom.

Asking ?500 for the pair.
Local pickup is preferred from central London (Angel, N1)

Post in this thread if interested or email me: a dot kyprios at gmail dot com

YOUTUBE VIDEO DEMO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cZbencU4lw

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

Need the cash to be honest. Living in London is fricking expensive so I will have to make do with my POD and headphones for a bit :(

Someone's going to get a stonking tone-machine...

Mono said:
Need the cash to be honest. Living in London is fricking expensive so I will have to make do with my POD and headphones for a bit :(

Someone's going to get a stonking tone-machine...

Sell the pod and stop eating!

Mono said:

Been there mate, except I was using a Pandora!

In fact, I'm still badly lacking a decent amp. Looks great, and if I was anywhere near you (ie not 12000 miles away!) I'd be very keen on this amp.

Ta lads. I've put a lot of time and money into this amp so hopefully it will go to a good home.

I LOVE the pink wiring...

Nice build. Makes mine seem a little scruffy now (and I thought it was quite neat at the time)
Did you have to sheath all the resistor and cap wires? Or did you do it just to make the rest of us look bad? :)

Excellent work. If I didn't have something almost identical I'd be on it like a shot.

While I have you and John in the same thread, what's your preferred cascade setup?

Edit: Are my eyes going funny, or is the PT setup weird?

Alan

If you mean running obe pre-amp valve in to another to increase gain I've never tried a cascaded pre-amp set-up, I like the touch sensitivity of a low-gain pre-amp, for more front-end gain I just use an overdrive pedal.

Back